[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]If your idea of investing in yourself is to take a Buzzfeed quiz in the bathroom, here are five ways to take the investment further—some without ever leaving the bathroom!
- Watch a Video. Instead of another cat video, try watching a leading personal development expert in your industry. Try to find ones that will leave you feeling uplifted and encouraged.
- Read: Close your emails and pick something with the purpose of learning something new. Learning well past formal schooling can be fun. Websites such as Coursera, Udemy, and Skillshare all allow visitors to take online courses for affordable rates such as $30 per class. If that’s not appealing, try picking up a book. There are studies that show reading increases analytical skills and reduces stress. The New York Times best-seller list is usually a great place to start, but feel free to use this opportunity to ask your friends and colleagues what books they’re reading right now.
- Listen to a Podcast: There’s a podcast these days for just about any topic. Everything you’re your finances to true crime and spirituality. You can listen and learn anywhere. On the road, while doing laundry, at the gym. Check out my article titled “Get Inspired with Podcasts” on a few podcasts I recommend.
- Mentorship: Okay, these last two require you to leave the bathroom. But having a mentor relationship can help you identify your strengths and weaknesses and achieve a better work-life balance. Find someone who has already achieved what you want to achieve and model yourself after them. And if you can’t find someone to model, then be a mentor for someone else.
- Volunteer: Volunteering is a great way to give back to your community by helping others, while developing new skills. Expand your network with other like-minded people who are also growing personally and/or professionally.
Finding purpose helps give our lives and goals meaning. Some people may find happiness by reading a new book, and some by coordinating a new youth program within their community. It’s extremely important to have clarity and focus or else it becomes easy to become unhappy with certain aspects of our lives. Hopefully you have some new ideas for ways to reinvest in yourself.[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]Sources: